Friday, January 21, 2005
I typed this up a few days ago, and so some of the things are incorrect, but I'll post it anyway.
Hello there. You, yes you. Person reading this blog that you’ve probably found using that fantastic ‘next blog’ thing. I love using it, as it gives this taste of the sheer variety of the world out there. The number of times that I’ve just clicked on it, and come upon a gem. It’s through that beauty that I discovered blogs that I read daily, and whose author’s I have come to know and respect.
Well, what have I been doing recently? A little egocentric perhaps, but there we are. I have had a good bit of new music since my last post. Just looking through the library I can see the following new faces. I received The Killer’s album ‘Hot Fuss’ for Xmas off my little brother (good taste for an 8-year-old, but I chose it) I’d wanted it for a while, and its fantastic. In the new years sales I purchased ‘The last broadcast’ by Doves and ‘Antics’ by Interpol. I really love ‘The last broadcast’, but I am not fussed by Interpol – I imagine they will grow on me. I borrowed Tim’s ‘Abba Gold’ and now it’s on my laptop. Most recently I purchased ‘Electric Samurai’ by Tomoyasu Hotei – It’s rather good, and rather trendy.
Film-wise, I purchased a couple DVD’s. Notably ‘Divine intervention’ a Palestinian surreal comedy and ‘Goodbye Lenin’ a touching German comedy. I ordered ‘American Beauty’ and ‘Suzie Gold’ off Amazon. All rather good.
Book-wise, it’s been super, with a good book by the Chief Rabbi ‘The dignity of difference’ that’s about tolerance – it’s good in the sociology department as well. I’m reading ‘Religion without God’ by Ray Billington, and may get it signed by him at the next philosophy circle meeting. ‘Brave New World’ was good, and ‘The Japanese Mind’ has been enlightening on aspects of Japanese culture, notably Wabi-Sabi, and should be useful if/when I go to Japan.
I’ve had a couple of exams recently, with my Epic paper on Tuesday, and the business Finance paper on Wednesday. I wasn’t supplied with a sheet that I needed, and so wasn’t able to do some questions. Bit of a muck up all-in-all. The New ipod shuffle was released today, and I may get one as it’s only £69.